Qualified Trained Caregivers
World Leading Alzheimer's and Dementia Training
The CARES Dementia Basics and Dementia-Related Behavior is certified by the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ.
Adult Home Health Care caregivers that care for Alzheimer’s or dementia clients are all certified by the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ training program. The certification is designed for professional caregivers that are caring for individuals at home.
The CARES Dementia Basics and the Dementia Related Behavior Care program was developed in conjunction with the Alzheimer’s Association, which is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. It qualifies caregivers for the essentiALZ certificate and is recommended by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The CARES Dementia Basics focuses on:
- person-centered dementia care
- changes that can happen to cognitive skills as dementia progresses
- understanding dementia behavior as communication
This training also includes the CARES Approach, which focuses on person-centered, easy-to-remember methods in caring for any individual in any situation and at any level of dementia cognitive decline. The letters in CARES stand for:
- Connect with the Person,
- Assess Behavior,
- Respond Appropriately,
- Evaluate What Care Methods Work, and
- Share with Others.
The CARES Dementia-Related Behavior program focuses on:
- behavior of people with dementia that is hard to understand and is difficult to respond to. Also, known as “challenging behavior”
- thoughtful and effective ways to care for a dementia client when they are confused, irritated, frightened, or angry.
- Values that will help caregivers understand how values and beliefs can impact the care a dementia client receives.
Caregiver Basic and Competency Training
The Caregiverlist Basic and Core Competency training is certified by Caregiver Training University.
All Adult Home Health Care caregivers are all certified by Caregiver Training University training program. The certification is designed for professional caregivers that are caring for in-home care clients.
The Caregiverlist was featured in AARP. It qualifies caregivers for basic caregiver and core competency training certificate.
The Caregiverlist training certification focuses on home care orientation, safety, and competency:
Home Care Orientation:
- Understanding caregiver job responsibilities and procedures
- Completely understanding the caregiver job description
- Understanding and implementing a client’s home care plan
- Completing the home care narratives inline with a care plan
- Understanding and implementing client home care activities
Home Care Safety:
- Learn the hygiene and infection control process
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy home environment
- Use of personal and environmental safety precautions
- Emergency procedures and implementing first aid
- Understand emergency preparedness procedures
Home Care Competency:
- Confidentiality of client personal, financial and health information
- Learning communication skills, client’s rights and client safety
- Utilizing proper procedures for personal care and toileting
- The actions to take and recognizing signs of client abuse or neglect
- Caring for stroke clients for seniors rehabilitating after a stroke
- Use of adaptive equipment for transfers such as gait belts and lifts
Additionally 4 Training Videos:
- Learning stroke care in a home environment
- Understanding hygiene and infection practices and procedures
- Safe lifting and transfers of senior care clients
- Exam questions to test knowledge and retention of information
- Yearly refresher training for retention.
- Activity ideas for clients with Alzheimer’s and dementia
Agency Nurse Caregiver Training
Adult Home Health Care’s agency Nurses train our caregivers specific to the client’s care needs. We ensure each caregiver has the skills needed to provide the best in-home care experience. Our professional Nurses focus on:
- Assess caregiver’s skill set
- Agency home care policies and procedures
- Caregiver safety and client safety
- Increase caregiver competency levels
Some of the Training Skills Include:
- Transfers and ambulation
- Range of motion
- Brain health
- Activities of daily living
Adult Home Health Care wants to ensure our clients are 100% satisfied with our agency caregivers which is why we incorporate the variety of caregiver training’s and certifications. Also to ensure client satisfaction our nurses will do surprise home visits. We believe going above and beyond with training to give our clients the best in-home caregiver possible.